Finn Årup Nielsen
From Brede Wiki
He has programmed the Lyngby and Brede Toolboxes as well as setup the Brede Database and the Brede Wiki, and worked with classification of fMRI scans and coordinate-based meta-analysis. He has constructed the AFINN word list for sentiment analysis.
His supervisor for the master and Ph.D studies was Lars Kai Hansen. Among his master thesis students have been Sindri Freyr Sigursteinsson writing the thesis Social media mining of the Icelandic blogosphere.
- A fielded wiki for personality genetics
- A new ANEW: evaluation of a word list for sentiment analysis in microblogs
- Brede tools and federating online neuroinformatics databases
- Brede Wiki - a neuroinformatics Web service with structured information
- Brede Wiki - neuroscience data structured in a wiki
- Clustering of scientific citations in Wikipedia
- Data mining a functional neuroimaging database for functional segregation in brain regions
- Finding related functional neuroimaging volumes
- fMRI Neuroinformatics
- Interactive information visualization in neuroimaging
- Lost in localization: a solution with neuroinformatics 2.0?
- Mass meta-analysis in Talairach space
- Mining for associations between text and brain activation in a functional neuroimaging database
- Mining the posterior cingulate: segregation between memory and pain components
- Modeling of activation data in the BrainMap(TM): detection of outliers
- Online open neuroimaging mass meta-analysis
- Online open neuroimaging mass meta-analysis with a wiki
- Real-time monitoring of sentiment in business related Wikipedia
- Scientific citations in Wikipedia
- Sequential collaboration network with sentiment coloring
- Testing for difference between two groups of functional neuroimaging experiments
- The Brede database: a small database for functional neuroimaging
- The Brede Wiki: a social neuroinformatics web-service with structured information from neuroscience
- Visualizing data mining results with the Brede tools
- Wikipedia research and tools: review and comments
- Neuroinformatics in functional neuroimaging (PhD Thesis, 2002)
 As co-author
- A nonlinear relationship between cerebral serotonin transporter and 5-HT(2A) receptor binding: an in vivo molecular imaging study in humans
- Action and language mechanisms in the brain: data, models and neuroinformatics
- Cluster analysis of activity-time series in motor learning
- Collective remembering of organizations: co-construction of organizational pasts in Wikipedia
- Consensus inference in neuroimaging
- Coordinate-based meta-analytic search for the SPM neuroimaging pipeline: the BredeQuery plugin for SPM5
- Endogenous plasma estradiol in healthy men is positively correlated with cerebral cortical serotonin 2A receptor binding
- Exploring fMRI data for periodic signal components
- Frontolimbic serotonin 2A receptor binding in healthy subjects is associated with personality risk factors for affective disorder
- Generalizable patterns in neuroimaging: how many principal components?
- Good friends, bad news - affect and virality in Twitter
- Independent component analysis in multimedia modeling
- Lyngby 2.0 - a modeler's Matlab toolbox for spatio-temporal analysis of functional neuroimages
- Modeling the haemodynamic response in fMRI using smooth FIR filters
- On clustering fMRI time series
- Persistence of web references in scientific research
- Plurality and resemblance in fMRI data analysis
- Right temporoparietal cortex activation during visuo-proprioceptive conflict
- Seasonal changes in brain serotonin transporter binding in short 5-HTTLPR-allele carriers but not in long-allele homozygotes
- Serotonin transporter binding in the hypothalamus correlates negatively with tonic heat pain ratings in healthy subjects: a ((11)C)DASB PET study
- Similar brain networks for detecting visuo-motor and visuo-proprioceptive synchrony
- Strategies of legitimacy through social media: the networked strategy
- The Center for Integrated Molecular Brain Imaging (Cimbi) database
- The personality trait openness is related to cerebral 5-HTT levels
- The real power of artificial markets
- "The sum of all human knowledge": a systematic review of scholarly research on the content of Wikipedia
- Wikipedia in the eyes of its beholders: a systematic review of scholarly research on Wikipedia readers and readership
- THOR Center for Neuroinformatics
- International Neuroimaging Consortium
- Villum Kann Rasmussen Fonden for an individual postdoctoral grant (2004-2005)
- Lundbeck Foundation. Part of the Center for Integrated Molecular Brain Imaging (CIMBI)
- Danish Council for Strategic Research through the project Responsible Business in the Blogosphere.
 External links
- DTU Informatics
- Neurobiology Research Unit, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet
- Elevator talk I, YouTube video.
- ↑ Finn Årup Nielsen, Visualization and Analysis of 3D Functional Brain Images, Master's thesis, 1996.
- ↑ Nicholas Lange, Stephen C. Strother, Jon R. Anderson, Finn Årup Nielsen, Andrew Peter Holmes, Thomas Kolenda, Robert Savoy, Lars Kai Hansen (1999). "Plurality and resemblance in fMRI data analysis". NeuroImage 10(3): 282-303. doi: 10.1006/nimg.1999.0472.
- ↑ Finn Årup Nielsen, Neuroinformatics in Functional Neuroimaging, Ph.D. thesis, 2002.