Linguistic Inquiry and Word Count
|Linguistic Inquiry and Word Count|
Linguistic Inquiry and Word Count (LIWC) is a computer program for language analysis
Commercial ($90) word lists with computer program to extract basic counts / ratios. Contains dictionaries for English, German, Spanish, Dutch, and Italian. Extracts around 60 different word categories, including "positive emotions" and "negative emotions". The program can be purchased; their site also allows you to analyze texts one by one.
- Aggression: Swear words (damn, piss, fuck)
- Affective processes (happy, cried, abandon)
- Anxiety (worried, nervous)
- Anger (hate, kill, annoyed)
- Sadness (crying, grief, sad)
- Positive emotion (love, nice, sweet)
- Negative emotion (hur, ugly, nasty)
- Experimental evidence of massive-scale emotional contagion through social networks
- Using hashtags as labels for supervised learning of emotions in Twitter messages
- What makes online content viral?